[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bubbles

Subject:  Bubbles
  Date:   Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:30:44 +0100
  From:  "V C Watts" <V.C.Watts-at-btinternet-dot-com>
    To:  "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I am currently building my first coil inspired by this list and an
article
by Malcolm Watts in "Electronics World + Wireless World" dated March 95
(a
UK publication).

I have read many references in this list about failure of capacitors due
air bubbles.  I am currently making a flat plate capacitor of 0.015uF.
I'm
using Polystyrene Sheet (80 mil thick), and sticking aluminium foil to
it
with insulating varnish.

Because I know I have air bubbles what can I
expect the failure mode to be?  I expect the breakdown voltage to be
about
40Kv so should be ok with by 10KV 50ma Neon transformer.

Also are their any other coilers in the UK,  I don't see much UK
correspondance?

Viv Watts.