[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Short circuit/Control Panel - 220 V relay coils

Subject:     Re: Short circuit/Control Panel - 220 V relay coils
      Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:55:00 GMT
      From:  jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net (Jim Fosse)
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>Subject:     Re: Short circuit/Control Panel - 220 V relay coils
>       Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:29:05 -0700
>       From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
        I like the idea (wish I'd thought of it;)

For running a lower voltage coil on a higher voltage a tungsten lamp
would also work. Use the 10Xish hot to cold resistance of it's
filament to supply the surge current needed and then limit the hold
current. This method would work for AC too. I'd try a 40W light bulb
to start with and go to larger wattage bulbs if the 40W didn't pull
in. (I'm assuming a 110V supply and a 24V coil).

        jim