[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Secondary wire & insulation

Subject:  RE: Secondary wire & insulation
  Date:   Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:14:36 -0400
  From:   "Engle, Daniel (NJAOST)" <DEngle-at-NJAOST.ML-dot-com>
    To:  "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

My father has a wood shop and makes many items coated with
enamel/polyurethane.  In order to minimize bubbles he would go over the
surface with a propane torch fairly quickly.  It would "remelt" the top
layer of poly just enough for the bubbles to pop.  (He would check it
every 1/2 hour to 1 hour...).  Just don't stop at one place or the poly
will start to smoke/flame!  You might want to give that a try...

Dan Engle
Amateur Coiler (Hopefully going to start building/acquiring parts for my
first one this weekend)