[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary coil (aluminum ?)

Subject: Re: Primary coil (aluminum ?)
  Date:  Sat, 14 Jun 1997 22:57:07 -0500
  From:  "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Fri, 13 Jun 1997 20:04:11 -0500
> To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Primary coil (aluminum ?)
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Subject:   Primary coil
>   Date:   Fri, 13 Jun 1997 11:32:09 -0500 (CDT)
>   From:  aasphalt-at-win.bright-dot-net (Lynn Anderson)
>     To:  <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> I have flat spiral wound coil in a broken dehumidfier. The coil is 11"
> o.d
> and is made of an aluminum tube that is flattened so that is 1/4" wide
> by
> 1/2"deep.There are 11 turns in the coil.I plan to use a neon
> transformer.
> Will this coil be appropriate to use? Thanks.
> "Tars and Stripes Forever" from  Anderson Asphalt. Lynn Anderson

Lynn,

That aluminum spiral evaporator tube will be an excellent flat spiral
primary for a neon powered TC.  Don't let the Freon Police see you
salvaging it from the dehumidifier though.  You should buff it down
with Scotchbrite (plastic scouring pad material available at the
grocery store) so that you get a good connection at the end and where
your flying tap will go.

rwstephens