[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary coil (aluminum ?)

Subject:  Re: Primary coil (aluminum ?)
  Date:   Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:52:28 -0600
  From:  "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:  "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

TO: Lynn

The aluminum will work --- but with a great loss in peak primary
current.
Aluminum is only marginal at 60 Hertz but at 300-400 KHZ it is not a
good
performer.  If you are using a small neon sign type transformer to
provide
your power source it might be wiser to consider using 1/8 inch copper
refrigeration tubing.  It isn't very expensive and would be a much
better
choice.  If you get down to the Wis. Dells area I will give you some 5/8
inch copper strap which we use in our smaller coils.  It works good and
offer good conductivity at the higher frequencies.  We have a 1,000 foot
roll which we have been using for years and I could certainly spare
enough
(free) for a small coil system.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net