[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

C.P. analysis

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 2:55 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	C.P. analysis

I did receive a response from Condenser Products today on the failure
analysis of the two caps that I sent back.  The unit that exploded "was
shorted out with no signs of dry sections or wrinkles in the material".  That
is all Jeff had to say about that one.

The newer one he says "may have shorted due to a dry section.  Also, there
was carbon in between the sections which was crystallized meaning the unit
ran for some length of time".  I'm not sure what this means.  It only lived
for about 15 or 20 minutes when I first installed it.  I did try to run it at
least two more times while I was trying to find out what the problem was.
 First, the gaps just would not fire correctly, then at the end it shorted
out my high voltage supply and blew the fuse.

He did say they will replace if for free.  I like that part but I will always
be concerned that the new one will go the way of the last two.

I still plan to go ahead witht the Plastic Caps order.

Ed Sonderman