[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Mini Coils

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 9:53 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: More Mini Coils

At 07:48 AM 6/18/97 +0000, you wrote:

>----------

  All -

  Was that a controlled spark length? Watts per spark length for the same
coil can vary greatly depending on who does the measuring. Maybe someday
coilers will agree on how this important TC parameter should be determined.

  Keep in mind that the secondary terminal can be charged by more than one
break/charge before it will discharge. In that case the wattage per spark
length is doubled or tripled etc. per spark!

  Note, also, that the primary capacitor can never be charged to more than
the source voltage by increasing the input wattage. Why does increasing the
input wattage hopefully increase the secondary voltage if turns are not
involved?   Vs = Ls di/dt  is not resonance.

  How should the input wattage and the power factor be measured for the
surges of input current?

  After many years of research I am still pondering these TC questions.

 John Couture