[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil Efficiency

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 3:55 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Coil Efficiency

Hi all,
         I think we could be on the verge of making some real
progress in nailing down the merits of actual coil parameters. There
is much to be done in the wall socket -> coil efficiency stakes. But
if we look at the raw E x BPS vs spark length figures, we can start
to see where the coils themselves might be improved. I think there is
now a most fruitful area of research open to us. We might at last
have a platform from which to examine L/C ratios and the like. It
seems obvious now that when using current efficiency measurements we
are floundering around in the dark (with an arc to light the way :)

Malcolm