[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Four Layer Coil

From: 	Robert W. Stephens[SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 19, 1997 6:34 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Four Layer Coil

<major snippage>

Barry,

That is a *deep* question.  I suppose you could bring all four
conductors out at the bottom of the secondary in a fanlike fashion
and place a separate Rogowski coil or wideband CT around each one on
its way to RF ground.  With a 4 channel O- scope and some careful
measurements, maybe some TDR,  you could probably answer your question.

There is undoubtdedly some differences in current and phase for the
different conductors in this layered arrangement, which are not
averaged through bundle twist along their length.

The bottom line as reported by Bert Pool seems to be that this
multi-layer arrangement tends to be superior in practice to a single layered
secondary.

Sounds like just the kind of esoteric question you could con some
agency like the NSF into giving you a research grant to produce a paper about.

Go for it!

rwstephens