[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Mini Coils

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Sunday, June 22, 1997 5:18 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: More Mini Coils

Hi all,
         I bumped up the power somewhat and also took some photos of
the coil in action.
Details: Cp = 7.8nF, Vp just under 6kV, Ep = 140mJ, BPS = 230
which equates to a primary power of 32-odd Watts. I get attached
single channel streamers about 25% of the time resonator - resonator
at a p-p distance of 5.5". A lack of corona control on the driven
resonator would make bettering this difficult. I shall have to do
something about that. Wall plug power has gone up to around 60W so
the supply efficiency is down somewhat at this level. In fact it's
now become mildly hazardous to adjust the gap while the coil is
running due to the odd streamer roaring out in that direction.

Malcolm