[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: XFMR Connection Question

From: 	tesla[SMTP:tesla-at-ixx.se]
Sent: 	Monday, June 23, 1997 11:19 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: XFMR Connection Question

At 08:29 1997-06-23 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Hi Mike.

It is not advisable to connect different voltage windings in paralell. The
reason is that the higher voltage neons would feed the difference into the
lower voltage neons. If it were lower voltage transformers they would
probably survive but at this voltage level internal arcing (or overheating)
is likely to destroy one or more of them.
You should only paralell transformers if they have the same voltage rating,
then you would get the gain in current. If your three transformers had the
same voltage rating and connected them in paralell you would virtually end
up with "one" transformer of (n Volts / 90mA)

Hope that clear it up for you.

//Matt
              Matthias Andersson
	       tesla-at-engelholm.se