[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 vs. 30 ma - charging

From: 	Pete Demoreuille[SMTP:pbd-at-cybernex-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 26, 1997 9:36 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 60 vs. 30 ma - charging

John:

the problem with the following explanation is that the you forgot
that tesla coils and transformers use A.C.  Ohm's law is not always
correct with a.c. (V != IR) because the voltage and current in a.c.
can be off by a certain degree.  ie.  that if the phase (think phasors)
is off by 90 degrees, the voltage is zero when the current is maxed out.

On another note:
I have almost finished my first coil: