[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Even More Mini Coils

From: 	Robert W. Stephens[SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, June 27, 1997 9:43 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Even More Mini Coils

> To:            "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject:       Re: Even More Mini Coils

Malcolm,

Aha, so *that's* what you are upta!  I made one of those a while back
and was  getting about 24 inches between toroids with
a single 15-at-60 neon powered system and a small system cap of 0.007 mfd.  I
did not spend much time trying to tune it for maximum.  I just
thought it an *interesting* curiosity at the time.

I have a hunch that your parasitic twin is not going to give you anywhere near
the spark show you can get if you place a primary around both
secondary resonators and anti-phase them correctly.

Hey, here's an idea.  Loop a one turn primary around the seating area
of a theatre and issue a little handheld resonator to the patrons as
they enter.  At the appropriate moment in the performance have
everyone in the audience hold their little resonators up with
outstretched arms (definitely more cool than a sea of Bic lighters at
a rock concert IMO).  : )

rwstephens