[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Even More Mini Coils

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Monday, June 30, 1997 4:05 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Even More Mini Coils

I might just amend this note:

> Indeed :)  First consider that the coils are terminating each other
> with an ideal impedance at the base. Being current acceptors, they
> naturally see each other in parallel with an extra load nee ground.
> Remove the ground and you've removed a lossy shunt from the system.
>     If anyone tries this with a high powered system, I advise leaving
> the ground connected initially as there is voltage at the base of the
> system, particularly when the resonators are issuing sparks due to
> an impedance rise at the base.

Actually, in theory identical resonators should be balanced so there
should be no nett voltage at the base. In my case, the L/C ratio of
the resonators is slightly different despite identical tuning. I will
wind another so I get the two identical and check again for base
voltage wrt ground. It is more than likely also that the link
coupling to just one of them is causing an impedance disparity. It
might not be possible to null out the imbalance under these
conditions as the loading conditions are different for the two
resonators (and of course, highly variable).

Malcolm