[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Moody Bible Inst. Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:11:46 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Moody Bible Inst. Tesla Coil (fwd)

At 04:10 AM 2/28/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

All -

The TC Design Manual states that a TC rated 1000 KV (1 million volts)
without additional identification could mean anything from 375 KV RMS to
2800 KV Peak to Peak.

In the TC Construction Guide there is a graph that shows a 50" spark for 1
million volts and 3 Kw. This graph was made 10 years ago using normalized
data from over two dozen working coils.

I have been told that the graph is too low, just right, too high, and that
it is of little use. Some coilers even asked me if the voltages were RMS,
Peak, or Peak to Peak. It was obvious that they were concerned about pinning
down this voltage.

It's pretty obvious that the secondary voltage is still up for grabs even
after 10 years.

John H. Couture