[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any big coil designs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 00:55:14 -0700
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Any big coil designs (fwd)

TO: Tesla List

Yes, the fabled coil does exist.  It was constructed in 1984 and sold to a
very reclusive and very rich person in Australia.  He runs it every year
for one day for a large private party he throws for all his super rich
friends in the freighter shipping industry.  Most arrive in private jets
and many from Europe.

The written terms of the sale included the fact the location of this
machine and the owner must remain secret.  I imagine anyone with that much
money could certainly afford to send a group of hungry lawyers after anyone
who violated terms of the contract.

We were flown down there to check it and retune it in 1991 and it is still
working great.  The original was photographed in 8 mm film format back in
1984 but due to the terms of the contract it cannot be publicly shown as
someone would recognize the terrain and figure out where it was.

What's the big fuss for -- there is nothing magic or secret about getting a
spark length twice the length of the secondary coil.  Many coil builders
have done it, ie, Ed Wingate and Bill Wysock to name a few.

As to who has the biggest 6 shooter -- who cares?  Most professional coil
builders are way beyond trying to see who can make the biggest.  The bigger
the coil the more expensive it is to operate and store it when it is not
running.  As for dropped videos and leaflets all over -- why bother?  It is
time and money poorly spent only to boost ones ego.

Our purpose in occassionally checking into Chip's fine net group is to help
and assist anyone getting into Tesla and Tesla coils.  Our purpose here is
not to try to prove or disprove anyone's ideas or theories, and certainly
not to worry about who can build the biggest coil -- after all who really
cares?  and if they do, they're  wasting a lot of time and money on some
ego trip.

Want the biggest 6 shooter in the world to brag about and put it on some
catalog cover -- fine.  Build it, run it a few times, then pay for the
storage and discover why you should really have taken that course in
Business 101.

End of conversation -- we will not post any more comments or notes on this
particular subject -- PERIOD!!

DR.RESONANCE

> From: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com