[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OLD Tubes/Coils - filament power (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 18:16:01 -0500
From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: OLD Tubes/Coils - filament power  (fwd)

> Date:          Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:29:49 -0700 (MST)
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: OLD Tubes/Coils - filament power  (fwd)
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

David,

The 803 IS a thoriated tungsten filament tube.  Rated filament power
is 10 volts (AC or DC) at 5 amps.  They have a plate dissipation
rating of 125 watts and a rated anode rating of 2000 volts.  I'd say
you are quite safe employing a pair of these on a single microwave
transformer as long as you do not exceed control grid current given
as 50 mA in the RCA tube manual.  If your filament power is coming
also from the microwave transformer that is supplying the plate
voltage, do not 'throttle' this transformer with a variac for power
control.

Have fun.

rwstephens