[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: True Watt Meter

Storey Clamp wrote:
	True Watt Meters are available. During one of my junk yard crawls, I
ran across some made by the Ideal Electric Company of Mansfield, Ohio. I
had never seen one before, and thought it was so interesting that I
decided to describe for the list.
	 It is operated by oval shaped concentric air wound coils. The current
coil is the stationary coil, and is wound with perhaps 20 turns of heavy
wire. The moving coil is the voltage coil, and is wound with many turns
of very fine wire. Each coil is made in two sections with a gap in
between.The ballance spring is set so that the zero point has the moving
coil about 10 degrees off of parallel with the fixed coil, and moves 90
degrees for full scale deflection. The scale is not linear, with
noticable crowding at each end.

Storey Clamp
San Antonio, Texas