[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OLD Tubes/Coils - filament power

-- BEGIN included message

aaah, this sounds REALLY dangerous.  I don't know what circuit you will use
this in, but usually the filament must be close to the cathode voltage, and a
battery charger will not have significant breakdown voltage (beyond UL reqmts
- e.g. around 200 v) between the pri and secondary - filament Xformers for HV
tubes have high values for this insulation and specify the value on the
xformer - for example, I had one which specified 20,000 V.  If you use the
battery charger you will at best destroy it or your circuit, and at worst kill
someone.