[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: Jumpstartng neons] reply

-- BEGIN included message

Earlier, someone had asked if the coil had been emitting sparks when
this happened. I went back out tonight and notices they lit up before
lightning came off my coil as I was increasing the voltage on the
variac. Also RWS was right about the grounds, as I recal when I first
had it set up my neon gnd and protection gap were hooked to the edison
ground and I had rehooked it up the next night before I had showed it to
some friends. The flourescents acted the same all the time so it must be
the RF.
The coil by the way is my formless design. I did not like the Behr 50
coating as it had cracked easily in the house earlier. Luckily I still
had 690 turns left on the main piece. The next one will be with epoxy
and the bubble remover. I had made smaller coils with the epoxy and they
survived a toss to the ground. It sure beats the price of acryllic!

--
Kevin M. Conkey

-- END included message