[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Type Tesla Coils

-- BEGIN included message

T>For the convenience of keeping  RF generated arcs and sparks all in
T>one place, I vote on keeping chatter about vac tube T.C.'s on this
T>list.

T>IMHO,
T>rwstephens

        I second the emotion ...

        At one point there were 33 quadrillion posts on the subject
        of Pole Pigs.   That was scarcely justification for the
        formation of a separate List on Pole Pigs.

        The spate of interest in Tube Coils -- is -- a spate of
        interest in Tube Coils  [Didn't know I was into Zen Coiling,
        did you?].  Two, three, or six months from now me may all
        be back to non-stop posting on Pole Pigs.

                                - - - - - -

        BTW -- The argument as what is or is not a genuine =Tesla=
        coil can wax quite furious.  The aboriginal =real= Tesla coil
        was a specially insulated induction coil (using =gutta
        percha= insulation -- mmm!  aaah!)...But there are still
        flame marks on my asbestos underwear as a result of my last
        series of posts on that subject.  (Anyone for a separate
        Gutta Percha List?)

                                        The sound of one man coiling,

                                        Robert Michaels

-- END included message