[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alleged 40 foot coil&Burden of prof...

-- BEGIN included message

From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
Subject:       Re: Alleged 40 foot coil&Burden of prof...
Date:          Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:20:25 -0500

> Date:          Sat, 08 Mar 1997 11:38:59 -0800
> From:          David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
> To:            Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject:       Re: Alleged 40 foot coil&Burden of prof...

> Tesla List wrote:
>

> > The true Tesla coil spirit in me wants to discover that you are
> > telling the truth.
> >
> > Convince me,  DR. RESONANCE!
> >
> > Robert W. Stephens
> > Fellow "Professional" Tesla coil builder
> > Lindsay Scientific Co.
> > Ontario, Canada
>
> Hey, good reply Robert! I hope DR. RESONANCE doesn't brisle too much to
> a little scepticism, as in the scientific community it is nessisary.
> When one makes such great claims, they then shoulder the burden of prof.
> I have some doubt also, to the meathod described by Dr. Resonance to
> measure the voltage of a TC. I for one would not want to place a very
> spendy Multichannel analyzer with a HPG crystal or even a relativly
> inexpensive NaI crystal in the visinity of a TC to get spectroscopic
> analysis of the >1 Mev X-Rays (which by the way "...would result in
> unidirectional peaks of
> voltage at the half-frequency of the Tesla current - meaning a
> constantly-changing x-ray hardness"-as Robert Michaels wrote, but then
> we are only looking for the highest peaks, eh?). I am not saying that it
> could not be done with very carfull faraday shielding, only that it
> would be a rather unhealthy and tedious process. The X-Ray tube must
> have been huge to operate at such high voltages!
>
> David Trimmell

Dave,

You are correct in that the x-ray tube capable of operating at such
extraordinarily high potentials will be huge.  Obtaining one will
also be exceedingly difficult as they must be nearly as rare as 40 foot
Tesla coils.

I am somewhat aware that careful measurement of the secondary
emissions released from certain targets, which are known to happen at
specific energy levels by nuclear physicists were routinely used to
determine and calibrate the voltage produced by Van de Graaff accelerators.
I believe in this case the accelerator's actual beam
tube and a target in the beam tube farm would be employed for such
measurements.  No outside vacuum tube such as DR. RESONANCE's handy
x-ray tube would be hooked up, and in most cases could not be
hooked up to the actual voltage generator which was usually enclosed
in a steel pressure vessel, connection to with which was just not
physically possible.

rwstephens

-- END included message