[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sought suppliers of capacitors

Subject:
        Sought suppliers of capacitors
  Date:
        Sun, 16 Mar 1997 05:22:47 -0600
  From:
        "Kent Vander Velden" <graphix-at-iastate.edu>
    To:
        <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

  For many years I have wanted to construct a Tesla coil but I had a
question that was never really answered and prevented me from going any
further.  That is where could I get a transformer and capacitor.  The
closest transformers that I could find were flyback transformers from
TV.
I was told these would not work without explanation.  Recently I have
found
a person willing to sell/give old transformers from neon signs that he
has
removed/replaced.  So, the source for the transformer is perhaps solved
but
I still have no idea where to turn other than Information Unlimited for
the
capacitors.  The catalogs that I have come no where close to the ratings
that several the designs of the Tesla coils seem to call for.  Could
someone suggest a source for the capacitors and what to perhaps look out
for when picking up these used neon sign transformers?

  Thanks.

Kent Vander Velden
graphix-at-iastate.edu