[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: file decompression

  Date:
        Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:47:44 +0200 (EET)
  From:
        Kristian Ukkonen <kukkonen-at-cc.hut.fi>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use the
> Lempel Ziv decompression used on Richard Quicks
> files?
>
> I've used it successfully before and can't seem to get
> the darn things to decompress (or uncompress..)

If you use Windows then get Winzip which will do the trick.

If you use FTP to get the files do type "get file" instead of
"get file.Z" and ftp-program will uncompress it for you.

For msdos get gzip and use it like "gzip -d file.Z".

For unix there's usually "uncompress file.Z" - if not ask your
system admin.

This has been answered already several times in the history of this
list so you can find answers from the archives.

I hope this helps,

  Kristian Ukkonen

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the
law |
| kukkonen-at-alpha.hut.fi  |_____  Chance favours the prepared mind
|-------
| http://www.hut.fi/~kukkonen |  Fear is the mind-killer  |---------