[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: looking for local coilers

  Date:
        Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:01:34 -0500
  From:
        "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Date:          Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:55:19 -0600
> To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       looking for local coilers
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Subject:
>         looking for local coilers
>   Date:
>         Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:50:28 -0500
>   From:
>         chuck seguin <seguinc-at-algonquinc.on.ca>
>     To:
>         tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Good afternoon Chip;
>
> I sent a post to you about 5 days ago.  Here is the same message.
>
> I haven't seen any E-mail traffic from the Ottawa, Ontario region.  I am
> curious to know if there is anybody I could connect with around here
> that is as passionnate about Tesla technology as I am.  I'm always open
> to new ideas and seek great minds to work on common goals.  Hey maybe
> start a chapter in the area for TC Builders of Ottawa?!
>
> I'd really appreciate help from people on the list as well as yourself,
> Chip.
>
> Hoping to hear from interesting people in my neck of the woods.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck

Chuck,

I don't hold out much hope for getting any kind of local coiler's
group happening in your area unless it involves hockey or beer.
Canadians are intrinsically asleep.   I've been trying for two full
years
poling *all of Ontario* with unsatisfactory results.  I would also
point out that Ottawa, the national capitol region, cannot even keep
the National Research Council alive, so how are they gonna keep a
coiling group going?  (A sarcastic question from a disgruntled ex-NRC
employee who's facility of employment was shut down).  If you'd like to
get
together with me, maybe we could form a group.  Of everyone else,
Jeffrey Wiggins and I seem to be the most active that I know in these
parts and
we get together and coil on ocassion.  But even WE cannot break the
Canadian
stereotype and do it without beer!  Three would be better company, what
kind
of beer do *you* like?

Robert W. Stephens
I.B.T.C.W. (Charter Ontario Chapter)