[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 14.4kV 5kVA pigs only go for $190

  Date:
        Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:08:28 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>> Heck, 14.4kV 5kVA pigs only go for $190 from T&R.  Not even two
>> bills...well maybe with delivery.
>>
>        Yeah?  Can you email me their phone and address?
>
>Stan Harle
>Alamogordo, NM

Here's the info for anyone curious, but first........

Safety warnings about distribution transformers (pole pigs):  Pigs
are extremely dangerous, and those considering them should get
comfortable using neons first.  A pig can kill you very easily!  Also be
aware that it will need external current limiting, a big 240v variac,
contactors, etc.  You can't just buy a pig and plug it into the wall.

Here's the info.  I was referred to them by another transformer company,
and they are also listed in Richard Quick's excellent resource list.
The
pigs on my web page are T&R ones.  Good company, friendly people,
quick delivery.  Be prepared to give them the specifications on what you
need (I.E. double or single bushing, voltage, kVA, taps, etc.).

T&R Electric Supply Company Inc.
P.O. Box 180
Colman, South Dakota
57017-0180