[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: microwave trans

  Date:
        Thu, 27 Mar 1997 19:24:44 +0200
  From:
        Kenneth Aaron <kennetha-at-geocities-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

>        Re: microwave trans
>  Date:
>        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:26:30 -0500 (EST)
>  From:
>        FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>    To:
>        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

><<
>> do i have to put it in oil ? , can i do without the oil ?
>
>> also 4*800w is too much for my 220v 16 amp house wiring - don't forget
>> that
>> these things when shorted can give upto 200% power.
>> if i use 3 and get around 6000vac, will this do ? (power is around 2000w
>> so
>> this could help ?)
> ---------------------------- >>
>Kenneth,
>
>I used 4 microwave oven transformers in series which gave me 6600 volts
>or
>so, I used a step up (240 in , 280 out) variac to get a little more
>voltage.
> I had plenty of voltage to fire my gaps, so I think 6000 volts would be
>fine.  I know that plenty of coilers use 6000 volts.   I obtained a 62"
>flaming spark output from the coil.  I didn't use any oil, but I could
>see
>little "corona points" glowing between the winding and core, but it
>held.  I
>kept the cores connected to one side of the secondary windings, and
>grounded
>two of the cores.  Don't know how long it can last.
>
>Have fun,
>
>John Freau

so 6000V is enough ?
some guys on the list say at least 10k or better 12k !
i'll have some problems getting my house wiring to
put out power for 5 transformers.
Kenneth Aaron
E-mail : kennetha-at-geocities-dot-com
http://www.geocities-dot-com/SunsetStrip/8736/