[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Ground Strap

  Date:
        Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:57:39 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< Hello All:
         The last couple of weeks I have started to try and find some
 copper
 strap for a nice ground from the bottom of my secondary, to the buried
 ground system.  Ah, not too many local stores carried rolls of anything
 close to 1" wide by .015" thick copper strap, in about a 25 foot
 length.  I found two sites  that specialize in lightning protection
 hardware, both carry solid copper strap and braided material.    They
 had 5/8" through 6" wide strap with one site (www.polyphaser-dot-com)
having
 25,50, 75 and 100 foot rolls (1"-6")without any pricing information.
 I'm going to call about the cost per roll on the 1" wide, but has
anyone
 found others sources for solid copper ground strap (or suitable
 alternate?) that didn't break the bank??  Any suggestions would be
 appreciated.  Thanks

 Chuck >>

Chuck,

I am using 4" wide galvanized steel roof flashing.  Don't know if I am
giving
up any performance over copper, but I doubt much.

Ed Sonderman