[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Broadcast Capacitors

Subject:
            Broadcast Capacitors
       Date:
            Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:03:27 +1200
       From:
            "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:
            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hello all,
             I have come by a bunch of capacitors surplus to some
broadcasting outfit (TV I think). The manufacturer is "Sangamo". The
values range from 0.001uF to around 0.0056uF. Peak voltages on the
units range from 4 kV for the larger capacitance to 6kV for the
smallest. The casing is brown and cylindrical, dimensions 50mm
diameter x 50mm high (2" x 2"). Quoted currents on the cases are in
Amps RMS at 1000kc (1MHz). Does anyone have info on these? I am
interested in the dielectric and possible suitability for discharge
applications. They look like ideal tuning caps for tube/transistor
coil.

Malcolm