[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tesla Ground Strap

  Date:
        Sat, 29 Mar 1997 08:45:17 -0800 (PST)
  From:
        "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

        Just a thought.  Based on my experience of many years in
trying to provide a good ground for transmitting antennas, I suggest
checking your ground resistance before worrying too much ab out
the resistance and/or inductance of your ground leads.  Measure
the resistance between two ground rods a few feet apart and then
decide how much trouble to go to with the ground leads.  Around
here (dry Southern California soil) that turns out to be as
much as 600 ohms!!!!!!!!  Water pipe ground works better, if you
want to have RF on it.
Ed