[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: No advantage [was:2 wires]

  Date:
        Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:46:05 -0500
  From:
        "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

(snip)

> >>    Yep, I've done it, it works, but its no advantage over using the
> >> equivalent single wire size.
> >>
> >>                 Mark Graalman
> >
> >--
> >Not to be picky, but for someone (like myself) who has ready
> >access to small diameter magnet wire (awg 30), but difficulty in
> >getting larger sizes, this would possibly be a viable alternative.
> >I would call that an advantage.
> >
> >   Rick Holland
> >
> >   The answer is 42.
> >

>   Well Ok Rick, I've wound secondarys both bifilar AND trifilar and
> they do work, so go for it!
>
>                         Mark Graalman

The only reason I can think of to wind a bifilar secondary coil is if
you wish to get good ol' 60 cycle, 120/240 or whatever power to the
top of your secondary tower to drive an electric motor maybe which
swings a whirling discharge electrode, or maybe to run a beer fridge
if you spend a lot of time up there.  : )  Gee, that brings to mind
visions of a certain directed discharge idea one could try!

rwstephens