[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Newbie

Subject:
        Tesla Coil Newbie
  Date:
        Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:27:10 -0500
  From:
        Fischbach <wolfgang-at-pantek-dot-com>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hello, I'm a 16 year old high school student, who would like to do an
interesting high-voltage elctronic project. :)

        Anyway, I have some questions to ask.

        Firstly, does anyone have plans for a first time, inexpensive,
yet
fairly impressive coil? I am familiar with electronic concepts, but
have rarely put them into practice.

        Secondly, could any of you tell me what precautions should be
taken
with a project such as this? I've never worken with high-voltages before
this.

        Lastly, I rescently purchaced at auction a 1967 Sony Video
 Recorder (VTR), which came with an old, custom B&W TV monitor (serial#
CUM-18OU, by Admiral). I was wondering whether or not there was
anything usefull that I could cannibalize from the TV for the coil,
(such as vacuum tubes).

        Thanks,
                Sam Fischbach
                wolfgang-at-pantek-dot-com