[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Newbie and other list stuff

        Re: Tesla Coil Newbie and other list stuff
  Date:
        Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:20:16 -0700 (MST)
  From:
        Chip Atkinson <chip-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

Greetings,

I have been working on some stuff that my interest you.  As the list
owner
I have all the past messages and a bunch of other things that have been
posted.

First, these items are all available via ftp from ftp.funet.fi in
/pub/sci/electrical/tesla.  In particular, the rqdocs.zip and
coilbld.zip
files may be of some use to you.

If you don't have access to an ftp site, you can get them from the
mailing
list.  Mail a message to tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com with the word "help"
(without the quotes).  This will automatically send you a message which
describes how to access the archive server.  Here is the help file for
getting archives.
This archive server knows the following commands:

get filename ...
ls directory ...
egrep case_insensitive_regular_expression filename ...
maxfiles nnn
version
quit

Aliases for 'get': send, sendme, getme, gimme, retrieve, mail
Aliases for 'ls': dir, directory, list, show
Aliases for 'egrep': search, grep, fgrep, find
Aliases for 'quit': exit

Lines starting with a '#' are ignored.
Multiple commands per mail are allowed.
Setting maxfiles to zero will remove the limit (to protect you against
yourself no more than maxfiles files will be returned per request).
Egrep supports most common flags.
If you append a non-standard signature, you should use the quit command
to prevent the archive server from interpreting the signature.

Examples:
ls latest
get latest/12
egrep some.word latest/*

The subject of messages going to the archive server must be the word
archive.

The best files for you are in the howtos.

The answer to your question about safety can be found on my web page in
the signature below.  Select the safety sheet link.

BTW, I just updated my web page(s), let me know how you like them.
There are pictures of my rotary gap there too.

Chip

 Chip Atkinson
 http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/chip/info.htm
 --- Tighten it 'till it strips and back off half a turn ---