[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Steel structure - appropriate ground?

Subject:  Re: Steel structure - appropriate ground?
  Date:   Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:57:29 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Sat, 26 Apr 1997 16:25:35 -0400 (EDT) Aaron Datesman
<ADatesman-at-aol-dot-com> wrote;

> My Tesla coil is set up in a school building which has the steel girder
> frame
> very typical of institutional buildings.  Instead of sinking copper
> pipes
> into the ground, couldn't I just attach my ground wire to these steel
> girders?  It seems the same idea to me, but possibly there is some
> aspect of
> this idea I don't see.  I don't want to blow up any computers in the
> building, for instance.

Aaron steel is a lousy conductor compared to copper! on the outlet
you use to power your coil there is three prongs one for hot another
for return ground and a third round one for safety ground USE IT!
There is a good conducting copper path to an already established good
ground through the safety ground. It is required in all 50 states as
part of the Utility code.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/