[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>

>        From:   Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>          To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> > Bert and All
> >
> > I keep my good primaries looking good by coating the tubing with clear
> > Krylon before it dulls down.
> >
> > Skip
>
> Skip,
>
> Sounds like a good way to do it, since the alligator clip will pretty
> well "bite through" the Krylon. Or do you tap in another fashion? My
> primary is already pretty grungy after a year. :^(
>
> -- Bert --

Hi Bert and All

Yeah, an alligator will bite thru the krylon with no problem. For
permanent taps I flatten .375 copper tubing, wrap it around a correctly
sized mandrel (to fit the primary tubing), drill two holes in it, one to
clamp the tab to the primary tubing and the other to attach the external
circuit to.

Skip