[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dropped subscription explanation

  Date:    Fri, 2 May 1997 09:31:12 -0400 (EDT)
  From:    Charles Brush <cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

[snip]

>I have gotten messages from several people saying that their tesla feed
>has stopped.  This was because they were dropped by the list software.
>The software drops a subscriber who has 32 bounced messages.
>
>To reduce the problem, check your mail frequently enough that your
>mailbox
>doesn't fill up (if that's possible, YMMV).

Those using Compuserve accounts may not realize that there is a message
limit (think it's 100 messages).  I discovered this the hard way last
summer, and have since switched my email to another account.  I don't
know
if AOL has anything similar, but it's worth finding out since these
services don't exactly publicize limitations like this.

Zap!

Charles Brush
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush