[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:choppy mesages

Subject:  Re:choppy mesages
  Date:   Sun, 4 May 1997 20:46:16 -0500 (CDT)
  From:   Bert Pool <bertpool-at-flash-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Lately, the Tesla list serve has a lot of messages that wrap around and
one
word ends up on the next line by itself. Robert  Michaels wrote
something to
the effect to one of the posters "please limit your line length to 70
characters"" but also said "do not insert carriage returns in each
line".
Well, I for one, use Eudora Pro, and it does not allow me to set line
length, and it does not insert soft carriage returns, and the only way I
would have of limiting lines to 70 characters is to insert hard carriage
returns.

Why has this only recently become a problem?  I'm using the same mail
software as I have since I joined the list, over a year ago.  It is only
recently that I and several other posters have started having messages
get
this 70 column wrap-around problem.  And I agree it is irritating as all
heck!

Chip, anyone, do any of you  know what is causing this and what can I
(we)
do to fix it?  Just telling people to limit their line lengths to 70
characters isn't gonna do it.

Below is a test paragraph of the above message with lines limited to 70
characters via hard carriage returns.  I'm curious as to how it will
post.

                     1                     2                     3
4                     5                     6                     7
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

[...]

Bert Pool
bertpool-at-flash-dot-net