[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE (Dr.)Nikola Tesla

Subject:       RE (Dr.)Nikola Tesla
       Date:   Mon, 05 May 1997 16:13:44 GMT
       From:   robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
Organization   Society of Manufacturing Engineers
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

T>>        Dr. Tesla himself
T>        Who?
T>        Nikola Tesla, generally the subject of this group, held no
T>        doctorate.

                It's a term of respect to be accorded any revered and
                accomplished person.   And was so =before= it also be-
                came an academic title.

T>>        He did the theory first, the math second, and the
T>>       experimental work after that.

T>        Sometimes (eg: Inventions, Researches and Writings and
T>        Experiments with Currents of High Potential and High
T>        Freqency, books by Tesla) he seems quite busy experimenting
T>        off into his future, adapting theories to suit.

T>        regards
T>        dwp

                My greater reference was to the total body of
                Dr. Tesla's work - encompassing (as you likely
                know) mechanical and electrical oscillators,
                turbines, radio, etc. -- but perhaps most
                especially the generation, transmission,
                transformation, and application of 3-phase (more
                generally polyphase) electrical power upon which
                the totality of the civilized world depends.

                                        Calculatedly yours,

                                        Dr. (not) Robert Michaels --
                                        Detroit, USA