[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dr. Tesla

Subject: Dr. Tesla
   Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 01:47:53 +0500
  From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Wed, 7 May 97 08:40:37 EDT
<pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com> wrote;

> I took a quick look at Prodigal Genius and Inventiones Researches &
> Writings.  I saw no mention of 'honorary doctorates'.  I'd be
> interested to know who conferred these.

Your looking in the wrong place, see "Tribute to Nikola Tesla -
presented in  Articles * Letters * Documents" by The Nikola Tesla
Museum, Beograd, Yugoslavia 1961. In the contents on page 16 under,
Diplomas and other awards, we find the following;

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Collegium Columbiae (VI. 1893)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the High
Technical School in Vienna (24. V. 1908)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the University of
Beograd (15. VI. 1926)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the University of
Zagreb (3. VII. 1926)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the High
Technical School in Prague (28. X. 1936)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of the University of Poitiers (6. I. 1937)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the High
Technical School in Graz (23. I. 1937)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Technical Sciences of the High
Technical School in Brno (10. IV. 1937)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of the University of Paris (6. XI. 1937)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of the Polytechnical School in Bucharest
(XI. 1937)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of the University of Grenoble
(15. III. 1938)

Diploma of honorary Doctor of Physical Sciences of the University of
Sofia (22. V. 1939)

I count 12 honorary Doctorial degrees!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/