[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reason why Tesla dropped out of school?

Subject:   Reason why Tesla dropped out of school?
  Date:    Fri, 9 May 1997 07:12:28 -0400 (EDT)
  From:    Tesla79-at-aol-dot-com
    To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

In a message dated 97-05-08 22:53:36 EDT, Richard Hull wrote:

> Correct!  Tesla never even formally graduated from any university.  He
>  was
>  highly educated, still, having about two and 1/2 years of intensive
>  study in
>  the sciences.  He just left school for reasons not totally clear.  He
>  was
>  conferred at least two honorary Doctoral degrees later in life by
>  institutions in the US and honorary doctorates don't count except as
>  recognition factors.
>
>  I was amazed to learn this from two fellows who really went and retreved
>  his
>  actual records four years ago.  A lot of excellent detective work!  They
>  gave a talk at one of the Tesla Symposiums and had all the documents on
>  slides and vu-graph for all to see.  Tesla's grades were superlative
>  throughout and he could have easily have done the deed to any level he
>  desired, but for that unknown and abrupt leaving.  Family problems?
>  Ideas
>  coming too fast for the dull curriculums?  Anyone's guess!
>
>  Richard Hull, TCBOR

I have read about Tesla's autobiography and it hints that Tesla declined
in
the offer of advancing his studies because of his work on the AC
current.
 But it's not real clear.  It offers a good explanation why Tesla left
school
early.

This reminds me of Einstein.  Einstein didn't do well in school, and as
result, didn't enter prestigious schools.  But his brilliant mind
outthought
the academics in the prestigious universities.  Go figure.

Joey