[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: H.V. Transformers

Subject:  Re: H.V. Transformers
  Date:   Fri, 9 May 1997 03:44:03 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 8 May 1997 09:26:46 -0400 Lord Talimar
<lordtali-at-mill.tds-dot-net> wrote;

> how did you get the oil transformers to hook in parallel with the center
> tap grounded.  I tried to hook mine in parallel and it just seemed to
> kill each other, no matter how I tried to hook them up. I even tried to
> connect the cases so the center taps were connected together, too.

Don't feel bad I have some that act the same way! Most oil burner
transformers, just like neon sign transformers, can be connected in
parallel. I don't know why the occasional transformer won't work
connected in parallel. My daughter (she's 11) conjuctured that maybe
these transformers were wound backwards so that when you connect them
to a transformer wound in the right direction the current would be
opposing. Sounds good but if it were the case then swapping one
transformers leads should correct the problem but it dosen't.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/