[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What do you say to people?

Subject:  Re: What do you say to people?
  Date:   Fri, 9 May 1997 21:19:27 -0500
  From:   "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> <<
>  >I simply respond something like:
>  >
>  >"I'm recreating an invention by a famous inventor". or
>  >"I am expanding my knowledge in a very entertaining way". or
>  >"Mind your own damn business, teacher!".
>  >
>  >I'm interested onto what other people think.
>  > >>
> The chances are that if they ask that question they will not understand
> or
> appreciate any answer that you give. I believe Tesla said, I have
> thrived on
> my thoughts, that really says it all. People who are not into it will
> see no
> sense in it and for those of us who are into it the building of a coil,
> tesla
> or induction or van de graff or all of the other avenues that spin off
> of it
> there is nothing better. At least your mind is occupied with something
> other
> than the mindless trivia of the various forms of ball sports that
> consume so
> much of the nation. No offense to sports fans but I just think so much
> emphasis on this kind of drivel keeps peoples minds off more important
> matters going on around them so dont cast too much of your pearl, just
> enjoy
> your coiling and learn. Considering the first ones and the present ones,
> you
> are in good company. Stephen Sanders

Stephen, and more importantly ALL,

Duh, ball sports?..what the hell are ball sports?!  Ya mean like
hockey, football, baseball and s**t like that?  Yes I agree with you
Stephen, TOO MUCH ENERGY AND SIGNIFICANT FRACTION OF A
COUNTRY'S GNP is WASTED in these foolish pursuits.

Heck, without gazillions spent on professional sports (athletes
produced by universities with PhD's no doubt), we'd have no
television..............hmmmm! : )

I really HAVE TO LAUGH when 100 spectators severely wound or nearly
kill themselves while attending European socker games.

Sports truly is PROOF how dumb and hormone driven most humans really
are!

If I've offended anyone, this post has served its intelectual purpose.

rwstephens