[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Police

Subject: Re: Police
  Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:31:54 -0400
  From: Chris Francis <cfrancis-at-infinet-dot-com>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
    CC: gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net

At 12:10 PM 5/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Police
>  Date:   Sun, 11 May 1997 06:33:27 -0700
>  From:   Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Last night a friend came over and we set up the Tesla Coil in the drive
>way.  When it got dark we fired it up.  This is the first
>time I have used my arc welder for currenting limiting on my 16 KW
>transformer.  I forgot to connect the welding cables
>together and couldn't get an arc longer than 69 inches.  It was fun.
....snip....
>About 5 minutes later someone BANGED on the front door so
>hard you could hear it in the next county.  It was the police.  The
>police said the neighbor complained because I was doing something that
scared >her.  So I asked what did I do that scared her. The police said
was doing >something that makes sparks.  I told the police that I had
been
using my arc >welder and it makes lots of sparks.  The Gestapo told me
not
to do it!
>any more and ask a few more question then left.

Sounds like a neighbor I used to have. (they moved!) She always had the
drapes shut except for about an inch so she could see out. You could
tell
if she was watching because she held the drapes shut below her eyes and
above they were still an inch apart.

The police *can't* tell you not to run your coil. (I take it you do live
in
America?) At the worst, they might be able to get you for disturbing the
peace it you make to much noise. Heck, next time you oughta invite the
police over to watch. They may even think it is cool! Wouldn't it be
cool
if she complained and the police told her to get a life because they
thought what you were doing was neat?

I don't suggest dealing with most neighbors this way, just the ones that
are unreasonable childish twits. Anybody else you can deal with on an
adult
level.

>Last fall she told me to rake the leaves in her yard.  I ask her why I
should >have to rake the leaves in her yard. She said its bacause the
leaves came off >of my trees and the wind blew them into her yard.

Need I say more??--^

I hope you let everybody know what happens next!
Good luck!

Chris
cfrancis-at-infinet-dot-com