[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Police

Subject:  Re: Police
  Date:   Mon, 12 May 1997 21:57:03 -0500 (CDT)
  From:   Chris Crochet <ccrochet-at-premier-dot-net>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 12:10 PM 5/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Last night a friend came over and we set up the Tesla Coil in the drive
>About 5
>minutes later someone BANGED on the front door so
>hard you could hear it in the next county.  It was the police.  The
>police said the neighbor complained because I was doing
>something that scared her.  So I asked what did I do that scared her.
>The police said I was doing something that makes
>sparks.  I told the police that I had been using my arc welder and it
>makes lots of sparks.  The Gestapo told me not to do it!
> any more and ask a few more question then left.
>The bitch woman next door is the type of person no one should have to
>live next to.

Gary,

I think I lived next to this woman once. :)  Or at least someone an
awful
lot like her.  Once night I did nothing more than watch a movie with a
cat
in heat in it.  Imagine my surprise when two big thugs from the ASPCA
come
banging on the door the next morning!!

Let me give you a tip for handling this situation.  The police are
actually
under NO legal obligation whatsoever to help this woman or to answer her
calls.  They will do it, sure, but they don't LIKE to.  Thus the cop
copping
an attitude at your doorstep :)

Always be cordial and polite when the police come.  And always have the
Tesla coil put away!  If the police come and find nothing, that goes
into
their computer.  Though you won't find many police that will admit this,
any
time this woman calls them, up comes a list of all her previous calls,
along
with the final outcome of each call.  If there's enough 'frivolous'
calls on
her record, i.e., calls where they came out and found nothing, they WILL
inevitably start to IGNORE her!  The police here in my area will start
ignore you after only three such calls.

Whether you purposely try to do something in order to wreck her record
with
the police, that's your perogative. :)

Chris C.