[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Illegal

Subject:   Re: Illegal
  Date:    Tue, 13 May 1997 08:40:15 -0500 (CDT)
  From:    Chris Crochet <ccrochet-at-premier-dot-net>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 01:12 AM 5/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

>My wife is worried to death that Tesla Coils are illegal and the police will
>come and arrest me for having them so I have to ask this qustion to please
>here.  Personally I think this is stupid but my wife has gone into a panic
>sence the police came the other night.
>Has anyone ever been arrested for having or operating a Tesla Coil?
>Are Tesla Coils illegal?
>Does anyone think I will get arrested for operating a Tesla Coil?
>Any comments of suggestion?
>Gary Weaver

Gary,

They most certainly are not illegal!!  The only areas I know where one
can
get you in trouble are:

1) If it produces too much RF interference, you could get in trouble
with
the FCC.

2) If you operate it outdoors, and it creates LOTS of noise, you can be
cited for disturbing the peace (however, lots of LIGHT is still legal
<g>).

3) If it injures someone, you could be held liable.

Otherwise, coil on!

Chris C.