[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Illegal

Subject: Re: Illegal
  Date:  Wed, 14 May 1997 14:11:20 -0400 (EDT)
  From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< Are Tesla Coils illegal?

 Does anyone think I will get arrested for operating a Tesla Coil?

 Any comments of suggestion?

 Gary Weaver

Gary,

When I first got started in this hobby, I also was worried about getting
in
trouble with the FCC.  Richard Quick and several others on this list
assured
my that a properly operating Tesla coil transmitts very little RF
energy.  If
you power the coil up with a top load so large that sparks can't break
out,
you will be transmitting a lot of power.  If the coil is emitting
sparks, and
is well grounded, line filters, etc. the biggest problem is probably
with
causing snow on the neighbors TV.  My 6" coil running at 8 kva barely
causes
any snow on my own TV.

Ed Sonderman