[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: balloon torrids???

Subject:   RE: balloon torrids???
  Date:    Thu, 15 May 1997 19:20:54 +0500
  From:    "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 Thu, 15 May 97 05:08:24 UT William Noble
<William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com> wrote;

> cool - then for an even better show, fill the baloon with natural gas -
> it won't actually explode, but it will make a nice "poof" - I used to fill
> baloons or clothesbags with natual gas and then let them rise into the
> air with a candle below them -- out here where there is a brush fire danger
> I always had a tether and kept them over the lawn area of the school (this
> was when I was in high school) - it was fun.  So, you should be able to do
> the same thing with a coil - use thin wire to carry HV to the baloon and
> then fire off the coil.

When I was a kid I used to do something similar. I used to fill
ballons with acetylene which I used to make in a home made gas
generator filled with calcium carbide and water. The calcium carbide
used to be sold for bangsite cannons and camping lanterns. The
acetylene used to ignite with a deep thud and a huge fire ball!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/