[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Optimal Topload? - screen torroids

Subject:  RE: Optimal Topload? - screen torroids
  Date:   Fri, 16 May 97 16:00:45 UT
  From:   "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I haven't tried this - other things have gotten higher priority, but
here are
a couple of ideas:
1. take metal window screen and mold it around either a wheel or a cake
pan -
with copper screen (which you can buy) you could bend it better and make
two
half torroids,then remove the "mold" and tack solder the edges
together.  I've
made shapes from screen before and it worked ok, so I don't see why this
wouldn't work.
2. take an inner tube and wrap it with bare copper wire - wrap both
around the
inner tube and across it. solder at the connections.  Then cut around
the
inside diameter and remove the inner tube.
3. use a bundt pan (one of those torroidial cakes) or two, or a bundt
pan for
the bottom and a mixing bowl for the top.
4. go to a garden supply place and get a spherical topiary form (they
grow
things over these wire covered balls of peat moss).  In fact, I wonder
how
plants take to being on top of a running coil???