[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Big Triode

Subject:  Re: Big Triode
  Date:   Sun, 18 May 1997 13:16:46 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

>snip>
> a). Tie both grids together and treat as a simple triode.

> b). Tie grid 2 to the B+ supply through a suitable high wattage
       dropping resistor.

> c). Tie grid 2 to grid 1 through a dropping resistor.

> d).  Tie grid 2 to the center tap of your filament transformer.

> Your 0.001 mfd mica cap should be O.K. for your tank cap.  Make sure
> you provide a tuning tap on every turn of the top 1/3rd or so of your
> tank
> coil so you can 'dial this thing in' once the secondary is installed.

> Perhaps John Freau can be of more help on this than I.

> Good luck, and nice score!

> rwstephens

Not much I can add to what Robert said above, I'm not familiar with this
particular tube.  I've heard that some tubes "don't like" the grids to
be
connected together -- don't know if this is critical -- I would
certainly try
it.  I would just try "everything" and see what works best -- best way
learn too.  Tube coil construction can be "touchy", it can make a big
difference (for the better) if everything is just right to keep the tube
"happy", (being very scientific here,  :-)

Have fun, be safe,

John Freau