[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

varia: tires, lift and solar currents

Subject:  varia: tires, lift and solar currents
  Date:   Sun, 18 May 97 12:35:53 EDT
  From:   pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

mail11:;;;;;-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-unknown.domain.pupman-dot-com;;;;;;;;
(-at-teslatech)
    CC:   pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

1) Random thought on tubes as toroid forms:

        Might it be desirable (more rugged, anyway) to fill the
        tube with foam, of some species?  Like houshold insulating
        foam?

        Might then remove the tube and foil over the foam...

2)
>....pure hydrogen with twice the lift of Helium....
        uhhhhh.  Pure hydrogen has about 15% more lift.  Its not the
        ration of the lift gas to each other, but that of the EACH to
        the air displaced.

3)

>>What if you eject charged particles? The sun is doing it constantly.
>>That would equate a current at the point of ejection IMO.

>>Ejecting heavy ions has been mooted as a possibility for years hasn't
>>it?

>  I was wondering if someone would bring up this particles/current from
>the
>sun phenomena. I didn't mention it before because it leads to a lengthly
>but
>interesting discussion.
        [for the chop investigors, above is as received.]

>  A radio, TV, radar engineer, however, regards the electrical energy
>produced by a transmitter as radiated energy from an antenna into the
>ionosphere or space.
        Thats an energy flow, like a beam of light.  No relation to
        current flow, except that changes in current flow can create
        such a radiating beam.

>currents because there is no returned path to the source. This type of
>electrical transmission will transmit so little energy to a receiver
>that the receiver must have its own power supply. Forget about the
>crystal radios.
        depends on the antenna at each end.  For RF, do a beam antenna
        (to suit the freq) at both ends and shipping energy around this
        was is eminently doable, even practical.  NASA, ferinstance,
        has studies on orbiting solar power stations returning power
        to earth via uWave beam,  (What happens if the beam wanders?
        8)>)))

>  To get back to your question regarding the ejection of charged
>particles from the sun. This cannot be a current because there is
>no return path.
        As stated.  Do we have any reason for assuming that electrons
        (or other negative ions) are not ALSO ejected?  I think not.

        I suspect discussions of ejected heavy (positive) ions that do
        not mention the negative ones are doins so for simplicity,
        rather than because the negative ions are not there...

        regards
        dwp